My DRZ125 Project

With some inspiration from Aussie Chris and some luck, I decided to build an awesome highly modified DRZ125.    The first bit of luck came when I found a DRZ125 for say for pretty cheap.   it already had KX85 suspension, 150 kit (I think), a BBR Cradle, and a BBR pipe.  I don't remember what I paid, but it was a grand or less.  Then within a week or two, I found a super sano 1986 DR200 for cheap as well.  I was on the fence between buying the 200 or getting a 187cc big bore kit.  I actually go the 200 cheaper than the kit.  Plus, I can sell the left overs and bring down the cost to zero.  

DRZ2b
DRZ2b

When I bought this, the condition was pretty good. You can get a really good deal on these things.

press to zoom
DRZ4a
DRZ4a

This is the DR200 I got. It was supper clean. it will live on make other bikes awesome.

press to zoom
DRZ1251c
DRZ1251c

200 motor is a snap to replace. It is a bit taller.

press to zoom
DRZ6a
DRZ6a

The hardest part is finding a decent carburetor that not only fits,but works. This XR200 seems to be just the ticket.

press to zoom
DRZ5a
DRZ5a

Trying to figure out what carb and which intake manifold was a pain.

press to zoom
DRZ1d
DRZ1d

I had to eliminate the center wire harness on the 200. So trying to figure out how to get the kill switch to work, to a few weeks and a second oom.

press to zoom
DRZ3a
DRZ3a

Graphic kit from Motoxart.com in Australia

press to zoom
DRZ2a
DRZ2a

i update the front brake cable so it's not the big long stock one. I used the late model line and RM85 fork guards, with CR85 bolts.

press to zoom
DRZ1a
DRZ1a

I hate this number plate.

press to zoom